Friday, October 21, 2011

My W☼rld Flag

What I like most about this piece?
My favourite part about my flag is the heart.. I tried a few different ways of adding the peace symbol until I finally found a way that it looks nice. I like the heart, the colour, the world in it -- just all of it in general. I also really like the grey with the pink, very nice. Something else i like is the compostion, nothing centered and the heart to the left .
What I like least about this piece?
I'm not sure about the background colours, I'm not sure if I want them darker, or lighter or what. I just feel like its off a bit. Something else that I do not like all that much is the shadows on the middle star. It is too dark i think, just a little different than the other two when I think that for a flag, they chould all be the same. But I didn't notice that until I uploaded it.
Why does this represent a flag for all nations?
The blue is to represent water and the green is to represent land, this is because we all need these things so it is something common amoung us all. The world in the heart obivuousl is to show all the  nations, and the heart is so to show the love that we all feel, no matter who you are you love someone. I put the peace sign aroudn the world to show all the effort put towards gaining world peace. And lastly, the stars are to represent the dreams of everyone, the wishes everyone makes at least once in there lives.. I didn't want to put a 'dream cloud' I thought that it would look rather silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment