Friday, October 7, 2011

Culture Jammer - Taylor Torture

 What aspect of your cultural jam do you find most successful and why?


It's amazing how things can be twisted..
I love the little blurb I changed that is mocking the company... I took the base from there advertisement and twisted it around to make fun of them. Also, I like seeing Taylor Swift all distorted and odd, it is not every day I am behind making a celebrity look funny and kinda disgusting, so I really enjoy that and thinks she looks very much like a guinea pig/bunny cross over. Now I really think my bunny is successful because, though that isn't that bunnies actual eye, it is the eye of an animal tested animal so it really is a reality. I really enjoyed this project, I liked having the opportunity to make fun of something for a marks.
What aspect of your culture jam do you find least successful and why?
I think I could have found some way to make Taylor animal like, but I was also looking for her to still look human. Also, a better name for the project. The message could come across more clear than it does being called"naturesense", but I didn't want to keep it "natureluxe", and I was struggling to come up with something else.
If you could do this project again, what changes would you make to improve it? 
If I could do this project again something that I would change to improve it would to find the actual font, so it's a perfect match. I also think I should have done a bit more research than what I had done, and take the time to find the exact products that they test on animals and use those, I wanted to use the Taylor Swift line which is why I chose this line of products when this could be a line they do not actually test on animals... or who knows maybe all there products are. Maybe I'll check someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment