Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spirit of Endurance Final


How does this image show The Spirit of Endurance? 
I wanted to show a fight against cancer, at first look i wanted it to be deceiving and seem sad, but as you looked deeper into the image, you find yourself looking into a sad picture. Though, the colours easily portray a happy feel, I find that mixed with the black and white effects slowly adds sadness.
The radiating rays, make you want to be happy - which is okay cause in the end it can be a happy ending so why not have a happy feel to them - but also they are to represent radiation treatment.

What aspect of your image do you find most successful and why?
What I really find most successful about my piece is the happy to sad emotions - I love how the colours of the "happy" turned out, in contrast to the sad background images and colours. The colours are bright, and calming but the pictures are sad and dull, which in the end takes away from all the added colour.

What aspect of your image do you find least successful and why?
I found that my least successful part of this was the images, a lot of the pictures are just sad people, which was part of my message, but I wanted my main message to be sickness.. But it was rather hard to find pictures for that, especially with so much being blocked at the school. I would add more sickness, or medical pictures next time.

**note: I saved it in a lower quality to upload it faster!

1 comment:

  1. Good post- remember that you can always find images at home to bring in if you're finding that too many images at school are blocked.

    ReplyDelete