Thursday, October 7, 2010

BrightOwl

What I like about my piece is the tree, i absolutely love how it looks. I think that the different shades of brown  make it look realistic and the different grains make it good looking. I also like the eyes of the owl, i think they turn out great and are the best part of the owl. Another think i like is the moon, the soft look of it just makes it so the owl gets more attention. Though i really struggled with the wings i have to say i like the right one quite a bit more than i do the left. I really like all the tones and shades in the whole picture in general. Also, i love the texture on the feathers in the body. One last thing that I like is the over lapping of some of the branches towards the bottom, I think that it just adds more dimension to my art.
What i don't like about my piece is the owl. But more specifically the left wing that the tail. I don't know why, but i just don't like the look of them, i think that they could have been improved. Another thing that i don't like is the lightness of the owl, i think that i should have made it darker and added even more tone to him. Something else that i don't like is the top tree branches how they have a bit of a white/light outline on them, i think that this makes them look out of place almost I didn't notice them though until i posted it here. A last thing that i don't like is the area around the claws, I think that i should have made them a little less fuzzy looking and added more of a feather texture to them.
This is art because it has all the different aspects that make things art. It has tone, texture, colour, hightlights, etc.. Art isn't always just categorized by being something done on paper or canvas, the computer file was my canvas. Painting this on the computer would be the same as if i painted it on a canvas with paint. Art is creativity and expression and doing it on the computer is just another way of expression. Art doesn't have to be physical like on paper. That is why this computer painting is art, just because its on the computer doesn't mean it isn't art, blending and colours are still used.

No comments:

Post a Comment