Friday, September 17, 2010

Alter Ego

What I like about my piece is how I put the leaning tower of pisa on an extreme, unrealistic angle. I also like how the lens flare is on my eye giving it a different kind of sparkle to my eye. Something also i like its the porcelain look to the unicorn, making it look more like a doll, though i put the unicorn in because I have the unrealistic dream of having a real one, making it look like a doll makes it seem more realistic. One last thing i like about my piece is the sky divers. I like how they are transparent and how the blend with the building, sky and tree, it just looks really cool.

What I dont like about my piece is how you can't see my smile. I think that my smile a big part of me, and not being about to see it makes this not really represent me, but because it is my alter ego it works well I guess. another thing i don't like in the silhouette of the man with the book on his head (representing mind reading), I just don't like how it looks and I'm not 100% sure why but i think it is  his stance i don't like. One last thing i do not really like about my piece is string on the books, I didn't really picture it looking like how it does, but i was having troubles finding a rope and I thought that one looked decent.

The message is gives the viewer is that i am a random person with some silly dreams, like owning an unicorn or being a mind reader or even that i love winter, which is represented by the whole scene, a lot of people think that it is silly of me to like winter, but I do. The viewer can also take that I am a risk taker from the bungee jumper and the skydivers. I think that the viewer can also figure out that i also want to travel to Italy by the leaning tower of Pisa. One last thing that I think that viewer can get from my picture is that I look forward to the future, they can see this from the arrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment