Friday, November 25, 2011

Sound Sculpture - Tree

What I like most... So to begin, when I started this I could not find a tree that I actually like and wanted to use for this, so I came up with a simple solution -- make my own. So i designed my own tree using shapes and bushes in photoshop. I was realy hapy with how the tree turned out, I think it looks great and this made it easier to manipulate to how i want. I also really like the crunching leaf sound, i just find it nice to listen to. One last thing I like about my sound sculpture is the initial fade, that was much more simple than I thought it would be to do, and i took advantage of this new skill, and used at the end as well for the winter fade. 

What I like least is the actual snow tree, I don't knwo why i just think I could have done it different.. Maybe have added some snowflakes falling. Something else I don't like are the sleighbells, that was the only sleigh bell sound I could find for free so I settled with it and it works so that's all the matters in the end. I didn't want to pay $2.99 for nice bells.. and I don't exactly own bells I could record. A last thing that I don't like as much as I could is the flash back from the winter tree to the fall tree to be able to click the other button on that screen. It seemed like a lot of extra work and frames to get it to fade back when I was already getting frustrated with that part, it just wouldn't work so I had tp keep changing things anyways. 

What makes this a digital sculpture is that I personally made everything about it, make it not like something someone else made. Another, is the sound experience is very real as to what you would hear if this was a real tree, the wind wahsing through knockign some leaves off, or a real crunching leaf sound as if someone was walking over them, or the atmoshpere you would feel as the snow falls covering the trees.
( I don't think these work, but they are on your usb if that is the case)
(but if it does work, they won't be interactive on here as they should be)

No comments:

Post a Comment